Check-in and Checkout
Check-in is any time after 4:00 PM, and checkout is any time before 11:00 AM. We are a self check-in property. We kindly ask guests to adhere to these times out of respect for housekeeping personnel.
Reservations and Cancellations
- All reservations require full payment upon booking.
- Cancellations 30+ days before check-in will be fully refunded.
- Cancellations 7-29 days before check-in will be 50% refunded.
- Cancellations less than 7 days before check-in are non-refundable.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of booking and 14+ days before check-in will be fully refunded.
- We do not waive our policies for circumstances outside our control, including acts of God, discomforts of nature, and inclement weather.
- If you need to make modifications, the above policies apply and there may be rate differences.
Occupancy and Children
Each tent accommodates a maximum of 2 adults and 1 child, or 1 adult and 2 children. A "child" refers to anyone 12 years or younger. Parental supervision is required at all times to ensure their safety and respect the quiet atmosphere.
Smoking and Pets
To ensure the comfort of all our guests, we maintain a smoke-free environment in all accommodations and under the shaded structures. Additionally, we have a strict no-pets policy on the property. There is a $250 fee per violation.
Fires are allowed even during a burn ban in the designated Solo Stove fire pits as long as the wood stays below the top rim and the fire is completely extinguished before you leave the area. No discharging of fireworks or firearms. We provide a complementary fire starter and matches. We provide firewood as an optional add-on to your stay, subject to availability. See list and prices of add-ons here.
As we are 2.8 miles off FM 170 on unpaved roads that have some hills, high clearance vehicles are recommended but not required. Sports cars are highly discouraged. Exercise caution when driving on wet unpaved roads, although it's typically best to wait for them to dry.
Each tent has a mini split directly above the bed that provides cooling and heating and keeps the bed area comfortable, especially at night. There's also a large ceiling fan in the bedroom for an extra breeze. However, because they are uninsulated canvas tents, other areas of the room will be subject to some temperature swings during extremely hot or cold conditions. We provide an extra fleece blanket and electric blanket in the winter.
We do not issue refunds for any discomforts of nature. We encourage guests to embrace the authentic wilderness experience while understanding that nature may present certain challenges or discomforts, such as the sound of winds and storms on the canvas of the tents. We ask that you help us preserve the natural environment by avoiding littering and refraining from collecting natural plants, animals, objects, or artifacts.
Damages and Charges
Guests will be held responsible for missing or damaged items/property, and the replacement cost will be charged to the credit card on file. We will always try to be transparent in our communication about these charges. Excessively soiled linens, carpets and furniture will be included as damages.
Add-ons are exclusively available for registered guests during their stay, with limited availability. If an add-on you purchased is unavailable, we will notify you and refund your payment. Please note that add-ons purchased within 24 hours of check-in may not be immediately available in your tent, but we will work to deliver them as soon as possible. See list and prices of add-ons here.
Please inform us via phone or email if you have any mobility concerns, as all tents feature steps leading to the entry door. We are committed to assisting you to the best of our ability and ensuring your comfort during your stay.
- No outside visitors who are not current guests of Camp Elena.
- Quiet hours are between 10PM and 8AM.
- No commercial events/shoots without prior written consent of Camp Elena.
- Daily housekeeping is not provided. An extra linen set is provided upon request if staying 7+ days.
- If you leave something behind, we cover up to $15 of shipping costs and charge the rest to the card on file.
- Please clean up after yourselves in the common areas.
- For your safety, do not touch any utility equipment or enter maintenance/construction zones.
- Recording devices are used in the outdoor and common spaces.